Saturday, October 31, 2015

Lord, I lift them up in prayer...

Lord, I lift them up in prayer and beg you to show them the same mercy and forgiveness that you have shown me. Those men whose hearts are hard, who wallow in hatred and unforgiveness, who may drive people away from Christ with harsh words and misunderstood scripture.

Lord, I fear for those who misuse your Word and pray you wrap them in your steadfast patience and mercy. Forgive them Father, some know not what they do.

I do not wish to shame or silence these men with my prayers, Lord, instead I pray their eyes to be opened and the love of Christ to fill their hearts. I pray their wounds to be healed, their broken hearts repaired, and their sins forgiven.

I pray for them to be freed of their bondages, their eyes cleared of deceptions, and for them to come to know you as I know you, as a loving and merciful God, both gentle and strong. I pray for healing of those broken and fractured relationships with fathers, the wounding often done to them by mothers, and that in that healing work you do so well, they come to see themselves as you intended them to be, as sons of a most high God, having such worth and value in His sight, that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

I pray for those still wounded by divorce, walled off and bitter. I pray for their freedom from condemnation because in Christ there is no condemnation, and I lay their shame at the foot of the cross where it belongs, where so long ago you suffered and died for us, despising the shame on our behalf.

I pray you lead them to forgive themselves and to help them see the wisdom in your words when you taught us, “Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little. Help them to understand that forgiveness and love walk hand in hand.

I pray for the Lost Boys Lord, the red pills, those with broken hearts, those filled with fear and pride, and those who do not yet know You.

I pray too, for those men walking in the spirit already, the men who speak your word with such grace and honor, gird them and arm them Lord, and light the path before them. They are the salt of the world, lighthouses in the midst of darkness that keep us all from wrecking our ships upon the rocks. Thank you for their words Lord, for their good humor, and for their strength. Empower them Lord, guide them and lead them in the way you would have them go and watch over them. Bless them with your presence and help them to walk with confidence, trusting fully in you.

I give thanks for all these men Lord, the broken and the whole, the hurting and the rejoicing. I am grateful for what the wounded have taught me and I know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

I ask for your blessing upon all these men Lord, in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment