Friday, June 26, 2015

Listen Up Wordpress

I really don’t appreciate you decorating my blog and wordpress reader with the gay pride rainbow. I get it, you’re happy about the Supreme Court ruling on same sex marriage, but what about tolerating those of us who don’t share your views? What about allowing us the freedom to celebrate or to not celebrate, as we see fit?

Why would you presume it was okay to force everyone to display a symbolic icon declaring our support and celebration on our very own blogs, whether we want it or not? Did we consent to this? Isn’t that dishonoring to individuals and choice? Do I step into your house and tell you how to decorate, what issues you are mandated to agree with?

WordPress is supposed to an open blogging platform that encourages people to share their views. You’ve taken my choice away from me and decorated the platform with a political statement that I disagree with. That’s not fair and I’m not pleased. I wasn’t even planning to blog about the Supreme court decision on same sex marriage, but now you’ve forced my hand.

No, I do not agree with the decision nor am I in a state of celebration. I consider your mandatory rainbows a total violation of my right to form my own opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment